I’m back this Friday with some more of my current favorite things/products/experiences/foods etc… This was a particularly good week in terms of new experiences/things I tried, so I have a bunch of new things I’m geeking out over. Let’s dive in!
- Blue Apron: I just finished cooking up my first box from Blue Apron, and I am absolutely in love. I chose the two-person plan, which comes with three meals and is about $59.99 per box (which equates to less than $10/meal). Since I’m only currently cooking for one person, this means that I get one meal for dinner and one for lunch the next day (or whenever I want it next). The recipes are simple, but outside the box, and I’ve tried a ton of new things already this week, including Korean and Spanish-inspired dishes. I’ll do a blog post about it soon! (I jumped on the bandwagon through my Acorns investing account, which is a Found Money partner with Blue Apron. Essentially, Blue Apron is investing $30 back into my account for trying their product. Pretty sweet deal. If you have Acorns, I’d suggest taking advantage of their Found Money partners, who reinvest in your account when you use their service.) (Note: I am not a popular enough blogger to have partnerships with anyone, let alone Blue Apron or Acorns, so I’m genuinely suggesting these guys because I like their products and/or services. Peace.)
- Rover: I’ve been looking for a side hustle that fits in well with my full-time schedule, so when I realized I could get paid to spend time with other people’s dogs, I jumped on it. Rover is kind of like Uber for dog-care services. If you want to become a dog-sitter/walker/boarder/day-care-giver, you simply set up your profile (which must be approved by the Rover team; you can’t just be like “hey, hire me plz") and pay $10 for your background check. I’ve been active on it for a week and I’ve already booked four dog walks. Rover takes a cut of what you earn, but there is a payment guarantee and you’re covered by Rover’s insurance, as well. If you live around me and have a cute pup (aka any pup at all), peep my profile here and use promo code “JOANNE720” to get $20 off your first booking. (OK, that was a shameless plug, but still for me.)
- The Keepers: GUYS. Have you seen “The Keepers” on Netflix? I mentioned it in my last post but it has me hooked! It’s a seven-part murder mystery series revolving around the unsolved murder of a nun in Baltimore in 1969. I’m only through the first four episodes, but I am enthralled. It’s pretty disturbing (there’s a lot about sex abuse in the Catholic church), but worth the watch if that issue is one that concerns you. I haven’t been this hooked on a true crime series since “Serial” premiered (the Adnan Syad version, not the Bowe Bergdahl one, which I thought was super lackluster).
- This running weather: The past two weeks or so have been absolutely ideal weatherwise around here. I hate extremes in weather anyway, but especially when I want to get a run in, so these past several days of temps in the 50s-70s have been perfect, and it’s barely rained at all. Good news, because I have three 5K races coming up in the next two weeks and need to get in all the miles I can!
- Frozen grapes: It’s like a treat, but healthy!
- Summer hours: As someone who usually works an average of 60 hours per week during the collegiate academic/athletic year, summer hours are more than welcome now that campus has been deserted. This week was truly, truly relaxing.
What are your Friday Favorites?