It’s Friday! And it’s been a very good week, so I’ve got plenty of favorites to share. Running has taken center stage recently (where it belongs) and so that’s the theme of this week’s list!
- 5Ks: I love 5Ks and always will. There always seems to be some kind of 5K going on, and since I tend to use races as motivators I recently signed up for a whole bunch in a short amount of time. All told, I will have run four 5Ks in a month and half, but right now I’m in the midst of an 11-day stretch of three 5Ks, two down, one to go. Is it excessive? Maybe. No.
- Half marathon training: BUT as much as I love the 5K, this week’s focus has been the start of my half marathon training. Girl’s taking the training wheels off now. I love having a plan and after three three-mile runs so far, I’ve just got my “long” run left for this week. Four miles on the docket for Saturday, and then we start ramping up pretty quickly!
- Foam roller/massage stick: My legs are not used to the mileage I’ve been putting on them lately, so my foam roller and massage stick are becoming my best friends. They hurt like hell, but my muscles are grateful.
- Walking dogs with Rover: I’ve been officially active on Rover for two weeks and I’ve already got a regular client. I walk her most days during lunch and not only is she an excellent dog (like, a model citizen dog) but it also gives me an opportunity to get out and stretch my legs during the day. And make a little extra cash doing so ;)
- LOFT sales: I have been on something of a shopping hiatus since Christmas, but I walked into a LOFT Outlet in Chicago two weeks ago and took advantage of ALL. THE. DEALS. Then a dress I was eyeing at the regular store went on sale at 50 percent off. So I haven’t bought a whole lot, but enough to give my wardrobe a little refresh. And mama ain’t mad about it.
- The Dogist: Run, don’t walk, to @thedogist on Instagram. Cute puppies on your feed every day. All with a fact about how cute they are. Because they’re dogs. And they’re obviously cute.
- This week's Blue Apron haul: I got my second Blue Apron box this week and this one one-upped the first. I’ve made two of the three meals and last night’s — Creamy Lumaca Rigata Pasta with Asparagus and Goat Cheese — was insanely delicious.
- Apples & vanilla almond butter: My body is screaming for fat and carbs with this sudden uptick in running mileage, but instead of the ice cream I was craving last night, I heated up some Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter and drizzled it over apple slices. It was incredibly delicious and was much more what my body needed than ice cream would have been.
- Dentek floss picks: I am not a flosser. I don’t like swirling the floss around my fingers. I don’t like sticking my hands into my small mouth. I have tight teeth and flossing hurts. BUT my dentist told me that if I don’t start flossing regularly I’m gonna get gum disease, so here we are. I had these in my medicine cabinet (but didn’t use them because I’m not a flosser), and decided to give them another whirl after that disastrous dentist visit. These are a game-changer. They make flossing so much easier and much less of an ordeal than before. So, I guess I’ll keep flossing.
- Pre-bizcation mani/pedis: I’m heading to Florida for a work convention tomorrow. There will be plenty of panel attendance, but I also plan on spending a decent amount of time at the pool (it’s going to be so hot, it’s survival, really). And now I’m adult enough to be thinking about what my nails look like before I head off on business or vacation (or both), so I’ve got a nail appointment set for this evening. Treat myself, indeed.
That’s all I’ve got this week! What are your Friday Favorites?